Sunday, September 09, 2007

New York Film Festival

So tickets went on sale for the 45th annual NYFF today. I've always considered this festival a bit too high brow for my tastes but every year the selection includes one or two movies I want to see. This year there were like four or five, including the Coen Brothers' latest, No Country For Old Men, Secret Sunshine, Blade Runner (recut version), and I forget what else. The ticket ordeal was like nothing I've ever experieced before - not even during the old camping overnight for concert tickets ordeals in the 1980s. Once again, I'll have to become a Film Society of Lincoln Center member in order to get in the early ticket sales program they run. I waited FIVE hours for tickets. One film after another was selling out before I reached the box office window and I ended up buying tickets for one film: The Orphanage. Oh - that's the one film I forgot! So far no poster yet for the festival;otherwise I would have posted it.

No comments: